There are 3 file types use the .KPL file extension:
1. Krita Color Palette
A KPL file is a color palette used by Krita, a cross-platform, open source digital sketching and painting program. It is a Zip-compressed package that contains two .XML files and two .ICC files. The KPL file format was introduced with the release of Krita 4.0.
You can open a KPL file using Krita's palette docker. To do so:
- From the Krita menu bar, select to open the palette docker.
- In the palette docker, select the Choose palette icon that appears in the lower left-hand corner.
- From the menu that appears, select the Import a new palette from file icon.
- Locate your KPL file, select it, and click .
Updated: April 27, 2020
2. Kids Programming Language File
Source code file written in the Kids Programming Language (KPL); contains program code, including comments, variable declarations, functions, and other programming elements; used by students to store educational programs in learning environments.
NOTE: The KPL program has been replaced by Phrogram, which still uses the ".kpl" extension for its source code files.
Updated: March 23, 2010
3. Kazaa Playlist File
Music playlist created by Kazaa, a program that allows subscribers to retrieve on-demand movies, music, and ringtones; contains a playlist of songs; used to store albums or lists of songs, as well as share favorite playlists online.
NOTE: In 2012, Kazaa shutdown the Kazaa website.
Updated: March 16, 2013