1. Main Features
- Standards-based, visual (WYSIWYG) web development
- Perspective-based workspace environment with customizable toolbars
- Syntax highlighting, code coloring, and other advanced coding features for multiple languages
- Site management and FTP/SFTP publishing
- Live view pre-publishing perspective
- Version control system integration
- Support for EcmaScript 6 and the latest version of Chromium Embedded Framework
2. Software Overview
Adobe Dreamweaver is a professional web development application used for designing and maintaining websites. It provides an integrated development environment (IDE) for creating standards-based webpages and web applications.
Dreamweaver comes with many features that help web developers save time. The application provides customizable starter templates for building webpages, HTML emails, eCommerce pages, and more. Code generation and code compliance features ensure that websites display the same across different web browsers without having to manipulate code directly. Syntax highlighting, code coloring, and visual hints help developers write, read, and update code faster and catch bugs before publishing the pages. Also, users can preview and edit their content in real-time in Dreamweaver before they publish, without having to view the pages in a web browser. This is especially helpful for building responsive websites for multiple browser window sizes and device screen sizes.
Adobe Dreamweaver is an impressive web development application that is utilized by both amateur and professional web developers. The program comes with many features that make web development more convenient and powerful. Dreamweaver is worth at least a try for web developers especially if they are already an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber.
3. Supported File Types
Updated: January 18, 2020