1. Main Features
- Supports a variety of office-related formats, such as OpenDocument and Microsoft Office Open XML
- Allows you to organize ideas and facilitate brainstorming sessions
- Enables you to create diagrams and flowcharts
- Provides vector drawing, sketching, and painting capabilities
2. Software Overview
Calligra Suite is a free office suite, similar to Microsoft Office, that allows you to create various types of documents. The suite is developed by KDE and forked from KOffice in 2010. It is available for installation in Windows and OS X, but is mainly developed for the Linux environment.
Calligra Suite consists of the following applications:
- Braindump - A tool for organizing ideas and facilitating brainstorm sessions
- Flow - A diagramming and flowchart application
- Karbon - A vector drawing application
- Kexi - A visual database applications creator
- Krita - A sketching and painting application
- Plan - A project management application
- Stage - A presentation creator
- Sheets - A calculation and spreadsheet tool
- Words - A word processor
- Author - An e-book authoring application
The applications use the OpenDocument format as the default file format but support other office-related formats, such as Microsoft Office Open XML and PDF.
Along with LibreOffice, Calligra Suite is one of the most popular office suites for Linux users. It provides a robust set of applications that will assist you with nearly every office-related need and supports a variety of office productivity file formats. Calligra Suite is a good choice for Windows and OS X users and a great choice for Linux users.
3. Supported File Types
Updated: October 31, 2014