1. Main Features
- Dynamic views for developing different aspects of your project
- Quick sharing capability to a diverse online community of users
- Projects can be exported to different formats, such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, and SVG
2. Software Overview
Fritzing is an open source application used to develop electronic circuit projects. The software was originally developed by researchers at the University of Applied Science Potsdam in Germany but has since expanded to other users.
Fritzing provides four different project views for designing Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs):
- Breadboard view - Wire and place virtual electronic parts on a virtual breadboard.
- Schematic view - View and edit the formal representation of the circuit.
- PCB view - Place parts on a PCB and export it for sharing or putting into production.
- Code view - View and modify code and upload it to an Arduino device.
Fritzing allows you to design PCBs through placement of parts, layers, and routes. If ant parts do not exist in the Fritzing parts library, you can edit them with the parts editor. Once finished, you can share your projects with Fritzing's large online community, which features a project gallery for beginners, as well as advanced users.
Fritzing is a useful PCB designing application for hobbyists and serious designers. The software provides dynamic views of and tools to customize your electronic projects, which makes Fritzing a quality choice for designing and sharing PCBs.
3. Supported File Types
Updated: April 28, 2015