1. Main Features
- Step-by-step guidance for preparing tax returns
- Different versions tailored to different users' needs
- Updated annually for tax code compliance
- Data import from previous versions of the software
- Free technical support through chat or phone
- Keeps your tax return up to 6 years and lets you access it
- Experts guarantee 100% accuracy
2. Software Overview
H&R Block Tax Software (also called "At Home") is an application used to prepare and file federal and state tax returns in the United States. H&R Block releases a new edition of Tax Software each year to comply with tax codes for the current tax season. Therefore, software installed for the 2019 tax year is not valid for completing tax returns for the 2020 tax year.
H&R Block Tax Software is available in the following versions:
- Basic - Designed for simple tax situations (compatible with Windows and macOS).
- Deluxe + State - Designed for homeowners and investors (compatible with Windows and macOS).
- Premium - Designed for self-employed or rental property owners (compatible with Windows and macOS).
- Premium & Business - Designed for small business owners (compatible with Windows).
H&R Block's Tax Software features step-by-step instructions that guide users through the tax return process. This model enables ordinary users to file tax returns without the need for professional tax help. The program performs error checks and tax validation, which gives users confidence that returns are compliant with tax regulations. Tax Software provides built-in expertise to search for the maximum refund for filers in any situation, whether it be homeowners and investors, self-employed filers, rental property owners, or small business owners. Each version of Tax Software incrementally adds new features to meet the growing needs of each user group.
Tax Software makes data input more convenient for previous users of the software by allowing them to import tax information from previous versions of Tax Software. Users can also import from TurboTax, Microsoft Money, Quicken, or any financial software package that exports to .TXF (Tax Exchange Format) files. After the user imports the files, Tax Software automatically enters data into the user tax forms with the provided information. Once the user completes the return, they are given the option to print and mail their tax forms or file the return electronically online.
Tax Software is a helpful assistant that navigates single persons, families, and businesses through the complicated maze of tax season. The application provides a step-by-step process, knowledgeable experts available through real-time chat or phone call, and convenient import features to get the maximum refund. While TurboTax is a more popular tax program, H&R Block Tax Software is also a great choice for users needing to complete their federal and state taxes in the United States.
3. Supported File Types
Updated: January 13, 2021