1. Main Features
- Supports a large number of audio and video formats
- Manages multimedia content in a single integrated library
- Customizable user interface with skins
- Supports user-developed plug-ins
- Online browsing and shopping features
2. Software Overview
Nullsoft Winamp is a media player that plays audio, video, and other multimedia content. The software supports many audio and video file formats, and provides tools for organizing music and video files into playlists and searchable libraries.
Winamp includes the following components for playing, organizing, burning, and synchronizing media:
- Main Window: The default view for playing music; provides access to all Winamp features.
- Playlist Editor: Allows users to create and manage lists of songs.
- Media Library: Organizes all multimedia into one location; supports CD ripping and burning, podcast subscriptions, and online shopping; can synchronize audio and video files with portable media players.
- Browser: Allows users to browse the Web, listen to audio blogs, and search for application skins and plugins.
- Video: Supports video playback in window or full screen mode; provides access to Internet TV stations.
- Visualizations: Displays animated graphics that are synchronized with playing music.
- Equalizer: Supports equalization (EQ) presets, crossfades, and other playback settings.
If you are looking for a media player for home use, Winamp may be the answer. It provides many of the standard features included with most media players while also allowing you to customize it. You can use the Winamp SDK, which is provided by Nullsoft, to contribute plug-ins that add useful features to the software. If you are looking for a substitute to Microsoft Windows Media Player or Apple iTunes, check out the customizable Nullsoft Winamp media player.
3. Supported File Types
Updated: September 22, 2017