1. Main Features
- Burn music and video content to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs
- Convert, import, and export a large variety of video file formats
- Capture video and audio from multiple devices simultaneously
- Record video from your screen with Live Screen Capture
- Publish video to YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo
- Create secure backups with password protection
2. Software Overview
Roxio Toast is a popular Mac program for recording videos and burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs. While it is most commonly known as a disc burning utility, the program also includes tools for producing movies, playing and converting media files, capturing Internet streams, and backing up data. It is available in Titanium and Pro editions.
Toast integrates with several personal media players and supports a large range of media file formats. It can export video clips for multiple devices, including Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod, PlayStation 3, Sony PSP, Xbox 360, BlackBerry and Palm Treo. Converted media files can be loaded directly into the iTunes library for easy organization. Users may save a .TOAST or .ISO disc image file or a .DISC project file instead of burning the project to a disc.
Toast also enables users to create high definition videos and slideshows. It supports video from AVCHD camcorders, TiVo DVRs, and EyeTV, and can import several video and image file formats. Toast can also capture Internet TV programming and send video streams in real-time to a TiVo DVR. Toast can also be used to record video and audio from multiple devices at the same time. The built-in editing tools for Toast can be used for filtering out unwanted noises and trimming video segments. Captured and edited video can then be sent to devices such as iPads, iPhones, and game consoles.
Toast includes several utility programs for managing discs and data:
- DiscCatalogMaker: A program that enables users to create a searchable database of all disc data that has been ripped or created.
- Get Backup: A Fujiwara Software title that allows users to backup and restore multimedia data.
- Disc Cover: A BeLight software title used for creating and printing disc labels.
- Spin Doctor: A utility for recording and digitizing analog audio from vinyl records or tapes.
- Mac2Tivo and TiVo Transfer: Two utilities used for managing multimedia data with TiVo devices.
Roxio Toast’s broad set of features are useful for both home and professional users. For example, home users might use Toast to create personal DVDs to share with friends and family, while professional users may use Toast to back up important data and create slideshows for clients. Toast is also growing in popularity among home users for integrating home entertainment systems with Internet TV and DVRs. Whether it is for home or professional use, Roxio Toast is one of the best programs available for burning video, music, and photos.
3. Supported File Types
Updated: February 10, 2020