1. Main Features
- Supports testing for Windows, iOS, Android, and web applications
- Provides keyword-driven and scripted testing
- Allows recording and playback of manual tests with the Test Record and Playback function
- Enables custom capabilities through plugins
2. Software Overview
SmartBear TestComplete is an application used for automated testing of Windows, Android, iOS, and web applications. The program allows you to create, maintain, and execute tests of your application.
TestComplete is broken up into three modules:
- Desktop - Supports automated testing of Java, C++, Delphi, Qt, Visual Basic, .NET, WPF, and Windows Store applications
- Web - Fully supports web testing in popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Opera.
- Mobile - Supports native Android and iOS applications
The platform provides an array of features that help you test your applications without requiring extensive programming knowledge. TestComplete allows keyword-driven testing, which involves keyword operations that are linked to automated testing actions. The application also provides the Test Record and Playback function, which lets you record a performed manual test and play it back as an automated test for other applications. For more advanced testers, TestComplete enables you to write scripts in languages such as JScript, VBScript, C++Script, and DelphiScript to automate more complex tests.
As you test your application, TestComplete’s Test Visualizer captures and displays screenshots of each operation, which provides a visual overview of the automated test. The application is also highly extensible. TestComplete is made up of plugins and gives you the ability to customize its capabilities to meet your specific testing requirements.
TestComplete will help you create and execute unique tests for your Windows, Android, iOS, and web-based applications. The platform provides an array of tools that cater to the user’s knowledge and is highly extensible. SmartBear TestComplete is a solid choice for ensuring the performance of your application.
3. Supported File Types
|1||.MDS||TestComplete Project File|
|2||.PJS||TestComplete Project Suite File|
|3||.TCCFGEXTENDER||TestComplete Project Suite Settings File|
|4||.TCLOGS||TestComplete Log Configuration File|
|5||.TCLS||TestComplete Configuration File|
|6||.TCNET||TestComplete Configuration Reference File|
|7||.TCX||TestComplete Script Extension Package|
Updated: January 1, 2018